GEOS 3.1.018 Mar 2009
We completed the 3.1.0 release cycle today! Here’s the announcement:
The GEOS team is pleased to announce that GEOS 3.1.0 has been pushed out the door, cold, wet, trembling and looking for love.
Version 3.1.0 includes a number of improvements over the 3.0 version:
- PreparedGeometry operations for very fast predicate testing.
- Easier builds under MSVC and OpenSolaris
- Thread-safe CAPI option
- IsValidReason added to CAPI
- CascadedUnion operation for fast unions of geometry sets
- Single-sided buffering operation added
- Numerous bug fixes.
Users of the upcoming PostGIS 1.4 will find that compiling against GEOS 3.1 provides them access to some substantial performance improvements and some extra functions.
Thanks everyone on the GEOS team for the work over this cycle!